Friday, December 21, 2012

Mayan New Year

My buddy Chris and I rarely see each other now that we've gone separate ways in our professional lives (he was my work boyfriend) so we schedule time to see each other during our hour lunch breaks.  While enjoying my cheese hot dog, tater tots, and contemplating the world not ending, I thought about how lucky I am to have such good friends.  What was to be a meeting of two grew to nine people pulling together tables and joking and laughing loudly.  This brought me to think about how much I enjoy the technology that keeps us together.  From seeing friends we wouldn't even know anymore on Facebook, to the everyday chats over IM.  I'm grateful that today is just another day.  A day to see friends and break bread like the Mayan's did ages ago, and a day to enjoy how far we have come as a species of animals on this earth.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully put! I had a great time as well seeing everyone and laughing and having a good time!

    ReplyDelete